OUR HISTORIC BUILDING

glct_edited.jpg
Asphalt

GLCT: Our Historic Building Through The Years

The Greater Lewisville Community Theatre was established as a non-profit tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization in 1983 and is governed by a Board of Directors.  In 1997, we were able to purchase our own building in Old Town Lewisville to become the first and still the only cultural arts organization with its own permanent home.

Our building was built in 1885 and is the oldest building in Lewisville. In this photo, Cobb's Dry Goods Store was still operating. After Cobb's, the building was home to a church. Photo courtesy Old Town Preservation Society.

press to zoom

September 2003: TxDOT has ground down the old pavement on Main Street to prepare for the fresh layer of asphalt. This is the front of GLCT as renovations began.

press to zoom

January 2006: The new canopy is in place and the new marquees are installed! Thanks to William Peck Architects for our great new look!

press to zoom

Our building was built in 1885 and is the oldest building in Lewisville. In this photo, Cobb's Dry Goods Store was still operating. After Cobb's, the building was home to a church. Photo courtesy Old Town Preservation Society.

press to zoom
1/8